Friday, August 10, 2012

18 & Over Blogger Follower # 16

18 and Over Blogger Follow Hop is hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines.This hop runs through the weekend. Have a blog that reviews and features mainly 18+ books and want to join? Head over to Reading Between the Wines.



Question of the week: Do you have a formula or outline that you follow while writing reviews?

I wouldn't say I have a formula or an outline for writing my reviews. I keep my reviews short, not wanting to give too much away. Generally, I say what I like and don't like about the main characters, address the plot, relationship between the characters, and world-building. Really, I write whatever comes to my mind, without going too into detail. My goal is to give my opinions and share my thoughts but I don't want to ruin the book for anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 
Now, how do you write your reviews?

2 comments:

  1. I think that is great. I don't like to share everything about the book unless it was so awful I wouldn't recommend it than I don't feel so bad.

    My reviews differ from book to book. So I can't say that I have a formula, but I used to use one just like you. I think over time I have just decided that what will be will be.

    Have a Great Weekend!
    My Friday Follows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to capture the main points in my review too and *hope I don't give too much away, I don't think I do at least! lol
    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews