Friday, May 24, 2013

18 & Over Book Blogger Follow #23

18 and Over Blogger Follow Hop is hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines.This hop runs through the weekend. Have a blog that reviews and features mainly 18+ books and want to join? Head over to Reading Between the Wines.


Question of the Week: Cliffhangers. Love them, hate them, want to commit bookicide afterwards?


Oh, cliffhangers. (sigh and shake my head) It is a love hate relationship. I do enjoy it when books leave me wanting more or when authors add a tease at the end, hinting at the next book. Sometimes it can be maddening, but I like knowing what is coming next. It keeps me hooked on a series. If the book just ends and everything is wrapped up, then I'm less likely to stalk Amazon for the following book.
When it comes to writing, I'm GUILTY! Some of my books end with just a little cliffhanger... Just a bit, just a bit....
:)
What do you think about cliffhangers.



3 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about them. If its a book that is a series I am committing to then I of course get mad when it just stops and my mind starting racing screaming "oh no he/she did not just do this" - "but what about so and so" "I can't believe they stopped the book here, can't they have written a few more lines then stop?"
    Then another part of me has grown used to ir especially since I have started reading books written as installments where you get a few chapters a month then an abrupt stop at THE WRONG, but right place (wrong for readers/right for authors because if they hooked you enough and the installment was very good them you are most definitely going to come back and buy the next installment, and the next, and the next, etc...pretty ingenious if you ask me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There does need to be something to keep you wanting more and to keep you coming back.
      Thank you for posting!

      Delete
  2. I love them as long as I know there's another story coming!!

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews