Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Review of Dark Needs at Night's Edge

Barnes & Noble
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #4)
by Kresley Cole
5 of 5 Stars

Description:

A RAVEN-HAIRED TEMPTRESS OF THE DARK...

Néomi Laress, a famous ballerina from a past century, became a phantom the night she was murdered. Imbued with otherworldly powers but invisible to the living, she haunts her beloved home, scaring away trespassers — until she encounters a ruthless immortal even more terrifying than Néomi herself.
A VAMPIRE WARRIOR CONSUMED BY MADNESS...
To prevent him from harming others, Conrad Wroth's brothers imprison him in an abandoned manor. But there, a female only he can see seems determined to drive him further into madness. The exquisite creature torments him with desire, leaving his body racked with lust and his soul torn as he finds himself coveting her for his own.
HOW FAR WILL HE GO TO CLAIM HER?
Yet even if Conrad can win Néomi, evil still surrounds her. Once he returns to the brutality of his past to protect her, will he succumb to the dark needs seething inside him?
(From Barnes & Noble website)


Review:

I love the world that Ms. Cole has created in her Immortals After Dark series. This is yet another amazing book! And it is #5 within the series. I don't think Ms. Cole has lost her touch at all. Sometimes, long series can become flat, boring, lose their luster overall. Not this one!
I think this is my favorite of the series. I really enjoyed the main characters and I felt they complement each other very well. Plus, I have a thing for the real bad boys - the ones everyone believes can't be saved and Conrad is just right of me.
Néomi is wonderful! After years of being a ghost, she still possess all her gumption. She is a forward woman (especially from the time she came from, the 1920s) and she speaks her mind. I have to say, she is one of my favorite female leads. I must admit, in the beginning I was wondering how a ghost and a crazed vampire could end up together...You all will have to read it to find out for yourselves. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this series! I have to read this one soon :) Thanks for posting the review. + New Follower

    -Kimberly @ www.TurningThePagesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun, adventerous, and action packed series. I am currently reading Dreams of a Dark Warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing my family and enjoying a good meal with them

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews