Friday, January 29, 2016

Review: Caressed by Moonlight

Kristina's Books & More gave 4 of 5 Stars to
Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness #1)


As a fan of both Paranormal Romance and Historical Romance, it is always a delight to find the two genres melded into one story. I enjoyed the author's other series, but Caressed by Moonlight is something special. It's a captivating and sensual tale of a vampire king and a young woman he didn't know he needed.

Amazon       B&N       Kobo
I was a fan of this story from the very beginning. The plot is very intriguing and I loved watching how it played out. Who knew a quick marriage to a dark and handsome stranger (with fangs!) would work out so well for the main female character, Victoria. The character development and relationships between the characters were two of my favorite parts of the story besides the plot. I enjoyed the interaction between Victoria and her little sister. There were several scenes involving the two that tugged at my heartstrings. Dorian and Victoria's relationship was enjoyable for an entirely different reason. The two had a wonderfully combustible chemistry, which made for some spicy scenes (18+).

The historical aspects of this book were well done. It felt similar to a lot of my favorite historical romance novels and that is saying something because I think it is difficult to write a good historical novel. I love all the balls, reputations and scandals (Oh my!). Then there are the paranormal aspects, which are also done well. I have never been a huge fan of vampires, but this author has converted me. When done well they are dark, sexy and very addicting. That is the case with Dorian, a vampire king.

I am very much looking forward to reading the rest of this series and falling in love with the rest of the author's vampires. I recommend this series to any paranormal romance fan looking for something different.
Purchase the box set, books 1-3  Amazon    B&N     Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews